Bet365 - Terms and conditions apply : Sports betting | Casino | Poker | Terms and conditions apply : William Hill - Sports | Casino | Poker | Vegas | Live Casino | T&Cs apply | Wagering and T&Cs apply | Commercial content | New Customers Only | 18+
After a good performance at the 2018 World Cup, Russia will want to maintain this at Euro 2020 with a promising team. Close-up on the Sbornaja komanda.
- 🔎 Euro 2020: Russia in a nutshell
- 👥 Russia’s Euro 2020-2021 Lineup
- 👕 Russia’s Kit
- 🗓️ Russia’s Match Schedule (Group B)
- 🏃 Russia’s Euro Preparation
- ⭐ Star Player at Euro 2020: Alexandre Golovin
- 👟 Player to Watch at Euro 2020: Artem Dzyuba
- 📚 Russia’s Stats and History at the Euro
- 🥊 Russia’s Main Opponents at Euro 2020
🔎 Euro 2020: Russia in a nutshell
Russia will participate in its fourth consecutive Euro, making it a team used to big events. The Russians won the competition in 1960 during the first Euro, organised in France. They went on to win three finals and a semi-final, which is proof of their former glory when it was still called the Soviet Union.
For the Euro 2020 qualifiers, the Russians finished second in their group behind Belgium. They are an experienced team with a large part of the squad playing in the country.
👥 Russia’s Euro 2020-2021 Lineup
The Russian team is full of old hands with a lot of experience like captain Artem Dzyuba, Yuri Zhirkov or Roman Neustadter. The two young stars of the team, Golovin and Miranchuk, lead the charge.
Russia’s 23-man squad
The list of the 23 players of the Russian team is not yet known. As part of the qualifiers for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, coach Stanislav Cherchesov has unveiled a list of 27 players.
- Goalkeepers: Anton Shunin, Soslan Dzahanaev, Yuri Dupin
- Defenders : Georgy Dzhikia, Yuri Zhirkov, Vyacheslav Karavaev, Alexander Zhirkov, Fedor Kudryashov, Roman Neustadter, Ilya Samoshnikov, Andrey Semenov, Igor Molnikov, Mario Fernadez.
- Midfielders: Ilzat Akhmetov, Alexander Golovin, Rifat Zhemaletdinov, Roman Zobnin, Alexey Ionov, Daler Kuzyaev, Andrey Mostovoy, Magomed Ozdoev, Reziuan Mirzov, Alexey Miranchuk, Daniil Fomin
- Forwards: Artem Dzyuba, Anton Zabolotony, Alexander Sobole
The coach: Stanislav Cherchesov, the Tsar
Stanislav Cherchesov has been Russia’s coach since August 2016. He quickly asserted himself as the head of this result-lacking team. He took the team to the quarter-finals of the 2018 World Cup on home soil by eliminating Spain in the round of 16.
In the process, he became the first-ever Russian manager since the end of the USSR to take the country to the knockout stage of a major tournament. The only one to do so before him was Dutchman Guus Hiddink in 2008. His contract will be extended if Russia qualify for the 2022 World Cup.
👕 Russia’s Kit
Two jerseys with the colours of the Russian flag. A great classic.
🗓️ Russia’s Match Schedule (Group B)
Russia is in Group B for Euro 2020. This is a well-matched group with Finland, Denmark and the favourites, Belgium. Russia will have the chance to play its home games in St. Petersburg, which is the home of one of the 12 Euro 2020 stadiums.
Belgium vs Russia odds
📊 How far will Russia go at the Euro?
Round of 16
🏃 Russia’s Euro Preparation
Russia qualified for the tournament by finishing second in a group dominated by Belgium. With only two defeats against Belgium and eight wins.
Euro 2020 Qualification Results
While waiting for the Euro, the Russians finished 2nd in the Nations League behind Hungary.
Nations League Results
- 03/09/20 – Russia 3 – 1 Serbia
- 06/09/20 – Hungary 2 – 3 Russia
- 11/10/20 – Russia 1 – 1 Turkey
- 14/10/20 – Russia 0 – 0 Hungary
- 15/11/20 – Turkey 3 – 2 Russia
- 18/11/20 – Serbia 5 – 0 Russia
Three Qualifying Matches for the 2022 World Cup
Before starting the Euro, the Russian national team played three qualification games for the next World Cup 2022 in Qatar.
- 24/03/21 – Malta 1 – 3 Russia
- 27/03/21 – Russia 2 – 1 Slovenia
- 30/03/21 – Slovakia 2 – 1 Russia
⭐ Star Player at Euro 2020: Alexandre Golovin
After a difficult start at AS Monaco, Alexandre Golovin has fully integrated into the squad. He played 25 games last season, proving his importance to Monaco’s team.
He has been part of the Russian team since 2015, having even played with their youth teams. He is the star and playmaker of Russia.
— Hastalamuerte.net (@hastalamuerte) March 13, 2021
👟 Player to Watch at Euro 2020: Artem Dzyuba
The Zenit striker has scored over 140 goals for his club since 2015 and finished as the league’s top scorer several times. Artem Dzyuba is the captain of the Russian team. He could be the serial scorer to take the team far in the competition.
📚 Russia’s Stats and History at the Euro
Created in 1960, the Euro’s history is rich, as is that of Russia. Take a look at Russia’s Euro history in a few figures.
Russia’s Euro Statistics
- Russia won the first Euro in 1960 under the banner of the USSR
- They hold the record for the most number of lost finals (3)
Russian Players’ Individual Euro Statistics
- Roman Pavlyuchenko is Russia’s top scorer at a Euro (4 goals)
- Dimitri Kirichenko scored the fastest Euro goal in 2004 after only 68 seconds of play
- Sergei Ignasevich is Russia’s most capped player at a Euro (10 games)
🥊 Russia’s Main Opponents at Euro 2020
Russia is in a fairly evenly-matched group with Belgium, Denmark and Finland.
After their failures at Euro 2016 and the 2018 World Cup, Belgium will try to finally win a title this time around.
After a good 2018 World Cup, Denmark want to shine at the Euro
The surprise team of the qualifiers could surprise and give quite a few teams a run for their money.