T&Cs apply | Wagering and T&Cs apply | Commercial content | 18+
The Czech national team will be playing in their seventh tournament at this summer’s Euro 2021. Despite having participated in the final of the 1996 championship, the Czech Republic did not progress further than the group stage of the last tournament. It remains to be seen whether they can do better this June.
Odds are subject to change. Last updated May 31, 2021.
- 🔎 Euro 2020-2021: The Czech Republic in a Nutshell
- 👥 Czech Republic’s Euro 2020-2021 Squad
- Top 3 Bookmakers for Euro 2020/2021
- 👕 Czech Republic’s Kits
- 🗓️ Czech Republic’s Match Schedule (Group D)
- 🏃 The Czech Republic’s Euro Preparations
- ⭐ The Star Player at Euro 2020: Patrick Schick
- 👟 The Player to Watch at Euro 2020: Tomas Soucek
- 📚 Stats and History of the Czech Republic at the Euro
- 🥊 Czech Republic Opponents
🔎 Euro 2020-2021: The Czech Republic in a Nutshell
The Czech team was established following the break-up of Czechoslovakia in 1993, like the Slovak federation. It was on 23rd February 1994 that the independent nation of the Czech Republic played its first official match against Turkey (winning with 4 goals to 1). The draw for the qualifying groups for Euro 1996 was held at the same time. In a homogenous group, the Czech Republic qualified for the competition by finishing first in their group. Playing in the competition for the first time, they reached the final before unfortunately losing to Germany (2-1).
That year, 1996, announced the beginning of a golden decade for this new nation, notably punctuated by a quarter-final in Euro 2004. In 2006, they qualified for the first World Cup in their history but went on to be eliminated in the first round.
Since 2007, the Czech Republic has alternated between qualifying and failing in the elimination stages of international competitions. Since 2006, they have always been eliminated in the qualifying stage of the various World Cups but always feature in the final stages of the European Championship.
Regarding the Euro, they have qualified seven times in as many qualifying stages since the creation of their country.
👥 Czech Republic’s Euro 2020-2021 Squad
In group D at Euro 2020, the Czech Republic will have to contend with serious competitors such as England, Croatia and Scotland.
The Czech Republic’s 26-man squad
Here is the list of the 26 Czech players who will compete in Euro 2021:
- Goalkeepers: Ales Mandous, Jiri Pavlenka, Tomas Vaclik
- Defenders: Jan Boril, Vladimir Coufal, Ondrej Celustka, Pavel Kaderabek, Tomas Kalas, Ales Mateju, David Zima, Jakub Brabec
- Midfielders: Antonin Barak, Vladimir Darida, Jakub Jankto, Alex Kral, Lukas Masopust, Jakub Pesek, Tomas Soucek, Adam Hlozek, Tomas Holes, Petr Sevcik, Michal Sadilek.
- Forwards: Michael Krmencik, Tomas Pekhart, Patrick Schick, Matej Vydra
UEFA povolila nominovat až šestadvacet hráčů. Jedno místo na české soupisce tak zůstává volné a dává trenérskému štábu možnost ještě aktuálně reagovat. Oficiální uzávěrka soupisky je až 1. června. pic.twitter.com/qxbwU2PjZi
— Česká fotbalová reprezentace (@ceskarepre_cz) May 25, 2021
Jaroslav Šilhavý: A voice of experience
After his playing career, which began in 1979 (and finished in 1999), the Czech team manager has gained significant experience as a coach. Since 2005, the year he took over in charge of AC Sparta Prague B, he has had 10 diverse experiences as a coach among the biggest clubs in the country before taking over the national team.
Today, with more than 350 matches under his belt, he appears to be an important weapon in the success of his team. In particular, he succeeded in leading them to direct qualification for Euro 2020, finishing in second place in their qualification group which was dominated by England.
Top 3 Bookmakers for Euro 2020/2021
👕 Czech Republic’s Kits
|🇨🇿 Home||✈️ Away|
🗓️ Czech Republic’s Match Schedule (Group D)
Euro 2020: Czech Republic’s Fixtures
Scotland vs Czech Republic odds
Learn more about our ratings at the bottom of the page*
📊 How far do you think the Czechs will go in Euro 2021?
Round of 16
🏃 The Czech Republic’s Euro Preparations
The Czech Republic finished in second place of their qualification group behind England, an opponent they will meet again in Euro 2020. The Czechs have a balanced record against the Three Lions with one win and one defeat.
Euro 2020 Qualification Results
The Czechs were also successful in the Nations League (knowing that they had already secured their progress), gaining promotion to League A. Just as against the English, they came face to face with a future Group D opponent, Scotland. They came away from the two meetings with a double defeat.
Nations League Results
- 04.09.20 – Slovakia 1 – 0 Czech Republic
- 07.09.20 – Czech Republic 1 – 2 Scotland
- 11.10.20 – Israel 1 – 2 Czech Republic
- 14.10.20 – Scotland 1 – 0 Czech Republic
- 15.11.20 – Czech Republic 1 – 0 Israel
- 18.11.20 – Czech Republic 2 – 0 Slovakia
Five Matches Before the Euro.
Like many teams, the Czech Republic has already organised two games that they will play just before Euro 2020, including a prestigious game against Italy
- 24.03.21 – Estonia 2 – 5 Czech Republic
- 27.03.21 – Czech Republic 1 – 1 Belgium
- 30.03.21 – Wales 1 – 0 Czech Republic
- 04.06.21 – Italy – Czech Republic
- 08.06.21 – Czech Republic – Albania
⭐ The Star Player at Euro 2020: Patrick Schick
The Bayer Leverkusen striker will be the star player of the Czech team at Euro 2020. With his career on an upward trajectory, he is currently thriving in Germany. Having started his career at Sparta Prague, he then left for Sampdoria before moving onto Roma. Gaining attention, he went to RB Leipzig on loan last season before settling at Leverkusen. This season, he has played in 26 matches and scored 8 goals. He has also shone on the European stage, scoring 3 goals in 5 matches in the Europa League.
In the national team, he has gained 22 caps with a total of 9 goals, an impressive ratio.
— Les-Transferts (@LesTransferts) August 28, 2019
👟 The Player to Watch at Euro 2020: Tomas Soucek
Developing his career at Slavia Prague between 2015 and 2020, the midfield player came to everyone’s attention during the 2019-2020 Champions League campaign by scoring a double against Inter Milan and Borussia Dortmund. In January 2020, he went to West Ham on loan before being signed by the London club. He is currently contributing to the club’s excellent season, forming an infallible duo with his teammate Vladimir Coufal, and flourishing in the right-wing position.
In the national team, he scored a hat-trick against Estonia in a 2022 World Cup qualifying game, which contributed to his team’s impressive win of 6 goals to 2.
Thomas Soucek a inscrit son 9e but cette saison en Premier League. pic.twitter.com/RzVFPYadUK
— Sport News (@Sportnews_2) March 21, 2021
📚 Stats and History of the Czech Republic at the Euro
This summer, the Czechs will be playing in their seventh European Championship group stage. More about their history in this competition can be seen in the numbers.
Statistics about the Czech Republic at the Euro
- 0: Despite appearing in a final, the Czech Republic have never won a European Championship
- 1: Before the dissolution of Czechoslovakia, they had won one championship
- 9: With 9 victories in the tournament, they are among the top 10 teams who have won the most matches
Czech Players’ Individual Statistics at the Euro
- 5: Milan Baros is the best Czech striker in the history of the competition
- 14: The legendary goalkeeper Petr Cech is the most capped player of the Euro squad
- 35 years and 257 days: T. Rosicky is the oldest player to have played in a competition match for this country
🥊 Czech Republic Opponents
The Czech Republic or, more precisely, the Národní tým (National Team) will have to up their game for rivals Croatia and England. If they want to qualify, they will have to win against one of these teams, with Scotland appearing to be less of an obstacle.
A finalist in the last World Cup, Croatia will obviously be looking to go all the way in this Euro 2020.
The surprise team, Scotland will be wanting to show they are a talented team with some excellent young players.
The English are one of the favourites to win the competition and therefore rank highly within Group D.