Alexis Sanchez has reportedly been offered a £300,000-per-week deal and Marc Overmars could be, according to reports, Arsenal’s next director of football, but Arsene Wenger proved very reluctant to comment on both subjects, focusing on the upcoming game against Middlesbrough instead.
I cannot confirm that we have offered that. We have to consider our financial potential to sustain the wages of the whole squad. What is for sure is that what is paid per week today is what 20 years ago was paid per year
the French manager said in a news conference about what the club have offered Sanchez. As for his former player who could be his next close associate,
I like Marc Overmars but he’s director of football at Ajax. I’m sure there are plenty of other candidates, I’m not worried about that
was Wenger’s comment. The Gunners are facing Middlesbrough on Monday, and both Petr Cech and Laurent Koscielny could play, having left their injury problems behind them.
We have a chance to get Cech back in the squad and Koscielny is training. It’s an 80 per cent chance. At the moment it’s pretty good but sometimes the 20 per cent plays the villain part in preparation
the Arsenal manager said. Currently sixth in the table, the Gunners desperately need all three points against Middlesbrough.