Wagering requirements and T&C’s Apply | Commercial content | 18+
Statistics are one of the most important elements in football. Whether it’s just out of curiosity or for the purpose of betting, these are very often analysed. Through a five-question quiz, discover some that you may not have known about.
⚠️ Spoiler alert: The answers are below the quiz and come with a little explanation, answer the questions first before taking a look ⚠️
Euro 2020: ‘Euro scorers’ quiz
What is the most common result in Euro matches?
What is the most goals scored by a team in a single tournament?
Who was the top scorer at the last Euro?
What is the record number of goals scored in a single Euro tournament?
Who is the only coach to have won a Euro with a country other than his own?
Learn more about our ratings at the bottom of the page*
Answers and explanations
- The traditional 1-0 is the most common score at the Euro. In fact, 56 matches ended with this difference (19.6%), ahead of 2-1 (50 times – 17.5%) and 2-0 (42 times – 14.7%).
- The record for the most goals scored in the history of the competition is 14. The most recent team to achieve this was France during the 1984 edition, aided by Michel Platini’s nine goals.
- It was a Frenchman who finished as the top scorer at Euro 2016. Antoine Griezmann has scored 6 goals in 6 games.
- In 2016, 107 goals were scored in the 51 matches of the competition, more than in any other edition. The previous record was set at Euro 2000 (85 goals in 31 games).
- Otto Rehhagel is the only coach to have won a Euro with a country other than his own. It was with Greece in 2004 that he achieved this feat by beating Portugal (1-0) in the final.