Wagering requirements and T&C’s Apply | Commercial content | 18+
It’s the match that every European team dreams of reaching: the Euro final. Many remember some that were memorable, like in 2000 or 2012. Which teams will do well this year? While you wait to find out the answer to this question, relive the finals of previous editions through one of our quizzes.
⚠️ Spoiler alert: The answers are below the quiz and come with a little explanation, answer the questions first before taking a look ⚠️
Euro 2020: ‘The Euro finals’ Quiz
Which player has participated in the most consecutive finals? (3)
Which nation has played in the most Euro finals?
What is the record for most goals scored in a Euro final?
What is the biggest goal difference in a Euro final?
Which team has lost the most finals in a row?
Learn more about our ratings at the bottom of the page*
Answers and explanations
- The German player Rainer Bonhof has played in the most consecutive finals (1972, 1976 and 1980). For the record, he has lifted 2 trophies in the last few years.
- Germany has played the most European Championship finals. Indeed, with 12 appearances, they hold the record for the most finals played by a team from the Old Continent.
- The most goals scored in a title decider came in the 2012 final between Spain and Italy. In that game, La Roja won by 4 goals to 0.
- This 4-0 scoreline is also the biggest gap in the history of the Euro finals.
- Trick question! No team has ever lost back-to-back Euro finals.