Here’s something old and something new for you from the soccer blogosphere. The Global Game is one of the longest standing soccer blogs out there. Their site has just had a major facelift, and if you’ve never been there before, now would be a good time to stop by. It was the blog that showed me it was possible to blog about soccer with more intelligence than most journalists manage. Check out their del.ico.us links page, too. Meanwhile, the Run of Play is a relatively new blog. Amazingly, Brian over there is managing to pull off the tricky task of producing a steady stream of analytical and irreverent posts (example: “Birmingham 1 – 2 Aston Villa — In more sad news for Birmingham, Carson Yeung was soundly beaten by Randy Lerner in an impromptu Chinese vocabulary quiz in the Balti pie queue at halftime”).
- Expansion Failure: San Jose's New Stadium In Doubt
- Brighton Fans Supporting Palace: When Rivalry Stops
- The Sweeper: The Bundesliga Model
- Around the web - August 14
- Classic Programme #24: Chile, 1962 World Cup
- Myfootballclub.co.uk Spawns Mysoccerclubusa.com
- The Madness Of The World Cup
- Gareth Thomas and Homophobia in English Football
- Zidane v Kobe: Documentary Films and Sport Cultures
- Was Abusing Mido Acceptable?