Did you know Didier Drogba is Flo-Jo’s doppelganger? Just add nails.
- In English Non-League action, It’ll Be Off looks at the NPL results, in his usual inimitable style: “Bradford Park Avenue started the season in some style, humping Prescot Cables 4-0. Stuart Rudd scored twice, and no doubt Bob Blackburn is sat in an office somewhere desperately trying to wank his pathetic, flaccid cock back to life so he can ejaculate his moronic opinions on to a message board somewhere.”
- 101 Great Goals has the video highlights of Sunday’s English games.
- EPL Talk is far too kind in his description of Man City’s new away kit, described as a ‘salmon color’, but which I’d call ‘vomit orange’.
- And speaking of weird looks, A More Splendid Life captures David Bentley’s curious ‘do perfectly, describing it as a “weird 1940s era pilot haircut” and wondering how it played its part in Spurs’ disappointing start to the season: “Bentley tried to focus but his hair was distracting him. And his anger toward this giant freak-jaw Wheater. And his stylist. The thing was crusting up, like it was crisco.”
- The Football Bog Blog continues its tour, giving us a look at Seaton Deleval Amateurs’ facilities.
- Paul Wilson debunks the claim that the Championship is the fourth most popular league in Europe, by doing some basic maths about average and aggregate attendance.
- Sergio Tristan looks at what Chivas Guadalajara need to do to turn their season round in Mexico.
- USA Soccer Spot says Bruce Arena is the right choice for the Galaxy. I suppose things can’t get worse there.
- Atlanta is the latest team to join next year’s Women’s Professional Soccer league in the U.S., while Arsenal’s coach warns the best English players could be lost stateside soon.
- Jennifer Doyle offers her latest thoughts on today’s Olympic women’s soccer as Brazil crush Germany 4-1, singing the praises of midfielder Formiga.
- Hasta El Gol Siempre looks at the latest action in Argentina.
- Fifa.com reports on the Homeless World Cup.